NewsYour Neighborhood Around AcadianaSt. Landry Parish


Krotz Springs woman thankful after surviving house fire

Fire started after grease ignited at stove
Posted at 10:41 PM, Oct 30, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-30 23:42:26-04

A St. Landry Parish mother is safe, but still in disbelief about what happened to her home.

Her home burned last night, and she was standing right where the fire started.

"It was a scary moment. I didn't know if she got out or not."

Jordan Taylor prepared for the worst when he received numerous calls and text messages saying that his childhood home had burned Tuesday night. He feared his mother was still inside.

"We're thankful that she got out. I was the last one to get here last night, and everything was pretty much out and the damage was horrific."

Jordan's mother Candy says while she was cooking, grease ignited on her stove.

She tried using a towel to put the fire out, but it didn't work.

"Before I could swat it, I had kitchen mitts on the wall and they caught on fire, then the wall caught on fire, and just went like lightning."

The mother is right now living with one of her other children.

"We might have lost a lot of stuff, but as long as she walked out of it alive, that's all that matters."

If you would like to help the family call Jordan Taylor at 337-592-9086.