Scott Firefighters responded to a residential fire in the 800 block of Wyman Road at 3:11 p.m. on Friday afternoon.
A vehicle was engulfed in flames at the home, said Scott Fire Chief Chad Sonnier. The fire spread to the carport area of the structure.
Firefighters were quickly able to bring the fire in the carport and attic area under control, while additional crews extinguished the vehicle fire.
The fire was determined to be an accident.
Sonnier said the occupant of the home returned from a trip to the store and went inside his home. A passing neighbor noticed the vehicle on fire, knocked on the door to alert the resident, and both were able to pull the burning vehicle out with a chain, most likely saving the home.
No one was injured in the fire.