Here is a list of Christmas events and parades in Acadiana.
There will be more events added to the list so check back later.
If you would like to add your event to the list, email the information to email@example.com.
- The Crowley Christmas Parade is set for Thursday, December 2 at 6 pm in downtown Crowley.
- OneCrowley is hosting their 1st Annual Rice & Reindeer on December 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Rice Festival Building (located at 717 West Mill Street). The event will feature more than 80 vendors and will include shopping and refreshments. There will also be a photo booth with Santa.
- The Calcaiseu Parish School Board's Holiday Market is returning to Calcasieu Parish. The public is invited to the CPSB Advanced Studies Department's 10th annual Holiday Market on Thursday, December 2. Vendors, 120 4th and 5th grade gifted students, will be selling handmade products crafted through the Power Play Young Entrepreneurs educational program which helps students develop an entrepreneurial mindset. The Market takes place from 5:30 – 7 p.m. at the Lake Charles Civic Center – Exhibition Hall - 900 N. Lakeshore Drive in Lake Charles.
- The Calcasieu Parish Police Jury is decking the halls in preparation for the “Christmas at the Courthouse” celebration, a free event that will take place from 3-7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 3, at the Historic Calcasieu Courthouse, 1001 Ryan St., Lake Charles. Santa and Mrs. Claus, along with other holiday characters, will be on site to spread Christmas cheer and to pose for photos with residents of all ages. After the lights are turned on at 5:30 p.m., stick around to watch the Christmas favorite, “The Polar Express.” There will be free popcorn, cotton candy, candy canes, soft drinks and hot chocolate served at the event. The event will be canceled in the event of inclement weather.
November 19 & 20
Christmas Holiday Open House will be held in Evangeline Parish on November 19 and 20. Here is a list of participating merchants: Blake's Gifts by Kylie (512 McArthur St.), Cafe' Evangeline (210 W Main), Catoire's Vintage & Antiques, Cottage Couture (210 W Main), Diamond Accessory Shop & More by Glenda (314 Nitta Dr.), Hair movements, Hundredfold Coffee (&the Market at Hundredfold Coffee) (119 S. Coreil St.), Industrial Service Supply Co. (1212 W. Lincoln Rd.), Out & About (523 W. Main St.), Paul's Meat Market (1319 s Chataignier Rd.), Steph's Family Hair & Gifts (611 E. Lincoln Rd), Teet's Food Store (2210 W. Main St.), Tiney's Corner (615 W. Main St.), Vidrine Ace Hardware (320 W. Main St.), and The Wyble Collection (123 W. Main St.). The event starts on Thursday, Nov. 18 from 5 pm to 8 pm, and then again on Saturday, Nov. 20 from 9 am to noon. Enjoy a horse-drawn buggy ride through Ville Platte. Pick up and drop off at 114 South Soileau St.(Between Family Dollar and Cottage Couture). Adults $10 and children $5.
The Town of Mamou Christmas Parade is Saturday, December 4, 2021, at 11:00 AM, Lineup is at Mamou High School at 10:00. Immediately following; bring the kids to City Hall to enjoy the Christmas festivities. While waiting to see Santa; the kids can enjoy balloon artists making holiday balloons, face painting, and take pictures with the different characters. This is all free to the public.
Turkey Creek Christmas Parade will be held on Dec. 11. Line up starts at 10 am and the parade starts at 11 am.
- Chataignier Christmas Parade - 3:00 pm. Meet Santa after the parade at Village Hall.
- Christmas in the Village will be held on December 4 from 5 pm - 10 pm at Loreauville Town Hall on Main St. Loreauville by St. Joseph Catholic Church. 6 pm - event begins (hang ornaments). 6:30 pm - Santa arrives. 7 pm - Lighting of the tree. Live music. For more information visit their Facebook page.
- The 43rd annual Queen City Christmas Parade begins at 5:30 p.m. in New Iberia's National Register Historic District.
Street Parade Route:
The street parade begins at 5:30 p.m. at Torrido Village (910 E. Main St.) and ends at Cane River Pecan Company (254 W. Main St.). It will feature the Berry Queens, All Things Christmas, Sugar Cane Christmas as Grand Marshals, local dance schools, The Bunk Johnson Brazz Band, Bayou Lit Bikes, visiting royalty and Santa Claus.
Immediately following the end of the street parade, Santa Claus will be in his workshop (Bouligny Plaza gazebo) for a photo-op with families.
Boat Parade Route:
The Bayou Teche boat parade starts at 6 p.m. at Bayou Landing (Lewis Street Bridge) and ends at Pelicans on the Bayou (Jefferson Street Bridge) with a fireworks finale. The public can join the parade bayou side among the city's 100,000 lights as holiday boats parade down the Teche.
Businesses, royalty, bands, dance schools, and boat owners interested in participating can message Bayou Traditions at BayouTraditions.com
- Delcambre's 34th annual Main Street Christmas Parade will be held on December 12, 2021, at 2 pm. Email Krystal Olivier to enter a float, entry is free. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jefferson Davis Parish
Elton Christmas Parade Dec. 4 at 6 pm
Lake Arthur Christmas Parade and fireworks on Dec. 11 from 4 pm to 7 pm
SOUNDS OF CHRISTMAS The Strand Theatre 432 North Main Street, Jennings, LA December 12 from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
JENNINGS CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL will be held December 17 from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm. Founders Park in Jennings N Main Street, Jennings, LA.
December 5 - Acadiana Symphony Deck the Halls: A Christmas Home Tour.
Acadiana Symphony Orchestra’s Deck the Halls: A Christmas Home Tour is happening LIVE in the Le Triomphe Golf & Country Club subdivision in Broussard, December 5th, 5:00 – 8:00pm. ASO is delighted to host the event LIVE again, after going virtual in 2020 due to the pandemic. This year’s self-guided tour includes four stunning homes in Le Triomphe, which will be decked out to the nines in holiday décor. Families are welcome and encouraged to attend, and guests will enjoy sips of champagne and hot chocolate, a photo booth, photos with Santa, cookie decorating, and Christmas music performed by Acadiana Symphony Youth Orchestra (ASYO). Cost to attend is $45 for adults, and $10 for children. Buy tickets at acadianasymphony.org/deck-the-halls/.
Deck the Halls is an annual fundraising event for ASO, directly benefiting Acadiana Symphony Preparatory and Youth Orchestras – ASO’s highly-celebrated training program for young orchestra musicians. Participants in the preparatory and youth orchestras are required to audition, and they train and practice throughout the school-year to refine their skills and prepare for performances with the adult Symphony, as well as Deck the Halls. ASO relies on the vital support of the community to continue its mission and provide music education and exceptional music experiences to Lafayette.
Buy tickets and learn about Acadiana Symphony Youth Orchestra at www.acadianasymphony.org [acadianasymphony.org].
December 16 - December 29
- Moncus Park kicks off its opening season with a holiday celebration, Christmas in the Park. The 12-night seasonal event will take place from Thursday, December 16 to Wednesday, December 29, 2021, from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. excluding Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Along with live music, the event will feature a wide variety of fun and activities for the whole family including six separate kid’s activities per night, a visit from Santa, a Christmas Market and General Store, selfie stations, a live art installation, local food vendors, specialty cocktails and beverages, and so much more.
Live entertainment will take place each night with performances varying from 30 minutes to more than two hours in length featuring local school and church choirs and regional performers.
In lieu of a live performance, on Sunday, December 19, the event will feature the holiday classic film, Elf, on the big screen.
Thurs, 12/16, 7:00 PM Comeaux High School Choir, 8:00 PM Walter Wolfman Washington
Fri, 12/17, 7:00 PM North Vermilion High School Choir, 8:00 PM Souled Out
Sat, 12/18, 7:00 PM Choir, 8:00 PM Wayne Toups
Sun, 12/19, 7:00 PM ELF (movie night)
Mon, 12/20, 7:00 PM Corale Des Amis, 8:00 PM Blue Monday Allstars w/Roddie Romero & Michael Juan Nunez
Tues, 12/21, 7:00 PM Local Choir, 8:00 PM Dyer Country
Wed, 12/22, 7:00 PM Local Choir, 8:00 PM Josh Leblanc + Nicki Needham
Thurs, 12/23, 7:00 PM Caroling w/Dave Trainer, 8:00 PM The Good Dudes
Sun, 12/26, 7:30 PM Chubby Carrier
Mon, 12/27, 7:30 PM Kelli Jones + The Lindas
Tue, 12/28, 7:30 PM Ray Boudreaux
Wed, 12/29, 7:30 PM Rebirth Brass Band
Prepaid ticket prices are $10 per person and can be purchased online. Tickets at the door will be $15 and can be paid by cash or with credit card. Additional ticketing options include Family Passes that include tickets for five and close parking for $55 and VIP tickets that include access for two to our VIP tent, four complimentary drinks, and on-site parking for $150. Family passes and VIP tickets must be purchased in advance. General admission ticket purchases include free parking at Cajun Field with a short shuttle ride to and from Moncus Park. To purchase your ticket or learn more about Christmas in the Park visit www.moncuspark.org/christmas.
- Annual Carencro Country Christmas, Dec. 4, 2021, sponsored by Carencro Business Association. The event is from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue, and features arts & crafts, food, choirs and holiday entertainment. The Dash, Dance or Prance 5k race will begin at 8 a.m. Click here to sign up.
- Hilliard Art Museum annual Jingle Bell Market. Shoppers can enjoy free admission to the museum, hot cocoa and cookies. Lafayette Ballet Theatre dancers will be a part of the art, posing in the gallery in their Nutcracker finery. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on 710 East St. Mary Boulevard, Lafayette.
- Sonic Christmas parade is set for December 5, 2021. The parade will roll at 1 p.m.
- Enjoy a Christmas Light Tour through Acadiana that ends with a Christmas light show featuring more than 20,000 lights! The Christmas Light Tour will start December 5 and run through December 30. There will be a “Switch That Flip” event on Sunday, December 5 at 6:00pm at One Church (211 JB Rd Lafayette) with the reveal of the Christmas Light Show. This show includes over 20,000 Christmas lights that are synchronized with music. Christmas Lights will be on display daily from 5:00pm – 10:00pm and will start on December 5.
- 2021 Christmas in Scott - 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm at City Hall - 125 Lions Club Rd. The free event includes the arrival of Santa Claus, the lighting of the tree, live music, conscessions and free photos with Santa.
St. Landry Parish
The Town of Arnaudville will unveil a brand new nativity scene on Saturday, November 20. The 5-foot tall scene will be dedicated at 6:00 pm. The nativity will be located at the south east corner of the South Bayou Fuselier Bridge. The public is invited to attend.
Lighting of the Nativity – Celebrate the unveiling and lighting of the historic Nativity scene and the oak trees on the St. Landry Parish Courthouse Square located at 118 South Court Street in downtown Opelousas from 3:30- 6:30 p.m. Santa, train rides, vendors and more.
The 2021 Opelousas Children’s Christmas Parade – Opelousas will celebrate the holiday with a Christmas parade. There will be entertainment, music, marching bands, lighted floats and Santa and friends. Parade begins at Academy and Landry Streets and rolls through downtown Opelousas to the Yambilee Grounds
December 9 & 10
The Eunice Community Concert Band and Choir will present its Christmas production, LET THE BELLS RING, on Thursday and Friday, December 9th & 10th, featuring the community concert band and choir, community children’s choir and an art exhibit by local artists. Both performances will begin at 7:00p.m. at First Baptist Church in downtown Eunice. Tickets are now on sale and available by calling 457-1776 or at the door – $5 for adults, $2 children under twelve. That’s the Eunice Community Concert Band and Choir’s Christmas concert – December 9th & 10th. Don’t miss it!
- Eunice will have a parade of lights as they light up downtown on December 16th at 6 pm. Nonprofits, businesses, civic groups, interest groups and more are invited to participate in this evening, lighted parade that will draw locals into the streets of historic, charming Eunice.
St. Martin Parish
December 3, 2021
This Old Town Christmas
Friday December 3, 2021 - 3pm to 8pm at the Evangeline Oak in St. Martinville. Live music, Foods, Crafts and lighting of the town Christmas tree
December 4, 2021
Hanging on the Bayou
Saturday December 4, 2021 8:00 am - Magnolia Park in St. Martinville. Kiwanis 4th annual car, truck bike and rat rod show. Admission - $1 dollar or a can good.
December 5, 2021
Christmas Tour of Homes
Sunday December 5, 2021 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Hosted by the St. Martinville Garden Club. Vendors and tickets at St. Martin de Tours Bistro located on 128 S. Main Street in St. Martinville. Tickets $10
December 11, 2021
Join volunteers and staff at Longfellow-Evangeline State Historic Site (SHS) for a traditional French sing along on Saturday, December 11, at 10 a.m.
While Louisiana is well-known for its Cajun and Creole dance music featuring accordions and fiddles, there is also a tradition of la musique de la maison, or music of the home. During the solemn Advent period of preparation and spiritual reflection in the weeks before Christmas, the Catholic Church frowned on playing instruments and couple dancing. This brought a cappella singing and round dancing to the forefront for Louisiana Cajuns and Creoles.
French lyrics with English translation will be provided. You do not need to be fluent in French or a skilled singer to participate. Standard site admission fee of $4 per person ages 4-61 applies.
For more information about the event, call Longfellow-Evangeline State Historic Site at 337-394-3754.
In Breaux Bridge, the 2nd Annual Christmas Art Walk will be held in Downtown from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. The event will host 50 vendors and include live music.
St. Mary Parish
- The lighting of Christmas tree at Morey Park in Patterson at 4 pm. Santa arrives at 5:40 pm.
- Thanksgiving, November 25 at 6:00 pm The annual shrimp boat lighting located on Brashear Ave. in Morgan City.
- Annual Berwick Lighthouse Christmas Lighting will be held at 6 pm. Meet Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus.
- Mistletoe and Moss Holiday Market is a holiday market with crafts, food, and more. It will be held from 11 am to 4 pm under the Hwy. 90 Bridge in Morgan City.
- Gulf State Wrestling will host a fundraiser, Season's Beating Wrestling, for Toys for Tots at the Morgan City Auditorium. Doors open, 2:30 pm, the bell rings at 3:30 pm.
- Christmas Movie Night will be held at the Berwick Civic Center on December 4 at 6 pm. Santa Claus will be there and a movie with food, drinks, and gifts.
- The 2021 Christmas Golf Cart Parade and Lamplighter Ceremony will be held on December 4 with a lineup at 5 pm and the parade will begin at 6 pm at the corner of Jackson and Main streets and ending at Courthouse Square with the lighting of the Christmas tree.
- Christmas Bike Run in Patterson. Light up your bike. It begins and ends at Morey Park. Begins at 6 pm.
- Tri-City Youth Theatre Christmas performance of Rudolf Rides Again Children's Play will be held at 6:30 pm at the Municipal Auditorium in Morgan City.
- Marine Corps Band Toys for Tots Christmas Concert with free admission (new unwrapped toy appreciated) will be held at 7 pm at the Municipal Auditorium in Morgan City.
- Patterson Christmas Home Tour and Lower Atchafalaya Christmas Boat Parade in Patterson will be held 6 p.m. at Morey Park in Patterson.
- City of Patterson pet Christmas Parade will be held December 12 at 12 pm with lineup at 11 am at Main Street in Patterson.
- Wedell-Williams Aviation & Cypress Sawmill Annual Christmas Tree Festival will hold an open house for visitors to view the variety of decorated trees, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Louisiana State Museum in Patterson at Kemper Williams Park. Free admission and refreshments.
- City of Patterson Annual Christmas Street Parade will be held at 2 p.m. down Hwy. 182 Main Street in Patterson. Contact 985-395-5205 for more information.
No events added yet
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers