A mobile testing site offering free COVID-19 testing will be open this week.
Free, drive-thru tests will be performed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily today, tomorrow and Wednesday, July 15 at Cajun Field.
- No ID is needed for testing, but registration is required.
- Pre-registration can be completed at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then Cajun Field (Mobile #3).
- People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
- Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
- People must provide a phone number and email address.
· This mobile testing site is a being stood up with the Federal Government in coordination with LDH and local partners.
· This mobile tests site is part of the federal government’s effort to support communities that have been identified as COVID-19 hotspots, or communities where there has been a recent and intense level of new cases and hospitalizations related to the ongoing outbreak.
· Testing is open to everyone. You do not need to be a resident of Lafayette to be tested.
· The testing site will be conducted as a drive-thru test site. Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars. There will be separate lines for those who have pre-registered and for those who must register on-site.
· The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose on site while in their vehicles. This will be observed by trained personnel to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
UL Lafayette partnered with the Louisiana Department of Health to establish the mobile COVID-19 testing site.
People who visit the site are encouraged to wear masks. Those being tested will perform nasal swabs on themselves as they wait in their vehicles. The process will be observed by a health care professional to ensure it is done correctly. Sealed samples will be dropped in a container.
- Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
- It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
- People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number for people to call to get their results.
Motorists should enter the Cajun Field parking lot via West Congress Street through Gate 3. Once testing is complete, they will exit on Reinhardt Drive onto Bertrand Street through Gate 1