Louisiana Athletics has announced guidelines that will be in place at Earl K. Long Gym during the 2020 volleyball season to help manage the health and safety of student-athletes, coaches, game officials, fans, staff and visiting teams.
Due to facility size constraints, Louisiana Volleyball home matches in 2020 will not be open to the public. Home and visiting teams will operate a pass list for admittance into Earl K. Long Gym, which will be amended prior to each event by the competing teams.
Louisiana Volleyball is scheduled to begin competing at Earl K. Long Gym Sept. 4-5, hosting Houston Baptist in the Sawyer Camillo Memorial Classic. The complete season schedule can be found here [ragincajuns.com].
Listed below are guidelines for the upcoming volleyball season. Fans are encouraged to visit RaginCajuns.com/COVID [ragincajuns.com] throughout the season for the most up to date information and guidelines.
2020 Earl K. Long Gym Guidelines
- Fans are asked to perform a self-assessment based on CDC best practices and recommendations prior to attending a match, and remain home if feeling ill. Individuals who are at higher risk for complications from COVID-19 are strongly encouraged not to attend.
- Face coverings are required to be worn by fans at all times. The only exception would be when eating or drinking.
- All gameday workers, vendors and staff will wear face coverings at all times and will be temperature checked and screened prior to the entrance into the facility.
- To ensure social distancing, seats will be marked off to distinguish between those available and unavailable. Clustering in unassigned seating areas will be prohibited.
- Concessions will have prepackaged food and drink items. Condiments will also be prepackaged. Social distancing will be used at the point of sale.
- Social distancing will be required in all common areas, such as the main lobby, concession stand and restrooms, with visible markers to assist fans with proper spacing.
- Fans will not be allowed access to the court at any time. This includes pregame and postgame.
- At the conclusion of the match, staff will coordinate a gradual dismissal to prevent clusters.
- To reduce large gatherings, and further encourage social distancing, tailgating will be prohibited at all matches during the 2020 season.