The 71st Annual Turkey Bowl has been moved to Sunday.
The Lafayette Park, Arts, Recreation, and Culture Department’s youth football teams were scheduled to compete in the event on Saturday, but because of predicted weather it has been moved to 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Sunday, November. 20.
The event has in recent years been held at Clark Field but this year has returned to Cajun Field.
“The Turkey Bowl has been a tradition in our community for more than 70 years, and playing on the Ragin’ Cajuns Field will be thrilling for the kids and families. Not to mention, for the first time, Acadiana Open Channel will record all tackle games and select flag games to be aired at a later date,” said PARC Athletic Programs Director Walter Guillory.
Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for kids. Food and drinks will be available to purchase.
Turkey Bowl Schedule
- 9 a.m. SATS Niners vs. CSA Niners
- 11 a.m. CSA Mites vs. N. Lafayette Mites
- 12:30 p.m. SATS Mites vs. CSA Juniors
- 2 p.m. CSA Seniors vs. SAT Seniors
- 8 a.m. quarterfinal game, ages 4-6, Team Lutz vs. Team Adebo (team plays on half the field)
The following games are played simultaneously, each on one half the field.
3:30 p.m. semifinal games, ages 4-6
- Team Lutz vs. Team Adebo: winner vs. Team Landry
- Team Ingram vs. Team Hill
4:30 p.m. semifinal games, ages 7-9
- Team Winston vs. Team Thomas
- Team Tre’Quan vs. Team Kamara
5:30 p.m. semifinal games, ages 9-11
- Team Jordan vs. Team Mathieu
- Team Lattimore vs. Team Olave
6:30 p.m. championship games
- Team Werner vs. Team Davenport, ages 12 and under
- Winners of Semifinal Games will meet, ages 4-6
7:30 p.m. championship games
- Winners of Semifinal Games will meet, ages 7-9
- Winners of Semifinal Games will meet, ages 9-11