The town of Duson has announced the following changes to services and events:
1. Effective Tuesday March 17, 2020 Duson Town Hall lobby shall be closed, all business will be handled via the drive thru window at 498 Toby Mouton Road.
2. Duson Board of Aldermen Meeting scheduled for March 17, 2020 at 6:00 PM has been canceled.
3. Distribution of the monthly commodities will be conducted on Tuesday March 17, 2020 via drive thru at 806 First Street, Duson, LA.
4. Duson Magistrate Court scheduled for March 26th has been canceled and all defendants, witnesses and victims will be served with a new court date.
5. The annual Duson Easter Egg Hunt scheduled for Saturday March 21st had been canceled
6. The three Casinos in Duson, Miss Mammie’s, Lucky Deuce’s and Wagin Cajun will close at Midnight on March 17, 2020 until at least April 13, 2020.
7. No dine in restaurants are allowed, but take out, delivery and drive thru operations can continue
8. Duson Police Services are fully functioning with personal precautions in place as per the guidance of National and State Health Officials
9. Curfew for non-accompanied juveniles (ages 17 and under) will be strictly enforced from 8 PM to 6 AM daily
10. There are no health clubs, gyms, movie theatres, or night clubs in the Town of Duson
"Each level of increased protection reduces the risks of spreading the Covid 19 Virus, with a high elderly population the Town of Duson Officials are encouraging those most vulnerable to take higher precautions up to and including shelter in place to prevent exposure. Social distancing seems to be best advice in place now, Duson is a strong community and the expectation of compliance with all the aforementioned directives is high," Police Chief Kip Judice said.
Any questions can be directed to the Duson Town Hall at 337 873-6754 as there has been no reduction in staffing.