NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Scott art studio heavily damaged in afternoon fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:54 PM, Aug 25, 2020
and last updated 2020-08-25 21:54:19-04

Scott firefighters responded to a residential fire in the 300 block of Andres Road on Tuesday afternoon shortly before 4 p.m.

On arriving, firefighters noticed heavy smoke coming from a barn next to the residence.

In the structure, firefighters encountered heavy fire that was quickly brought under control.

An investigation revealed that the barn was converted into a studio where handcrafted jewelry and art was designed and made. A fan, utilized to cool a machine in the production of jewelry, malfunctioned causing a small fire that quickly spread.

The building sustained heavy damage as a result of the fire. No firefighters or civilians were injured during the incident.

Firefighters from Judice, Duson, and Carencro assisted with extinguishing the fire.

------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Download our free app for Apple, Android, Roku and Amazon devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Alexa's Daily Flash Briefing

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel