Here is a list of Hurricane Emergency Numbers, Alerts and Resources:
*Dial 311 to report LUS Outages and Street Flooding and Drainage Issues
· Option 1 – LUS Power and Water Outages
· Option 2 – LUS Fiber Outages
· Option 3 – Street Flooding and Drainage Issues
*Should 311 become overloaded:
· Dial 291-9200 for power outages
· 291-5700 for downed power lines or other electrical issues
SLEMCO Power Outages
State Police – Report State Highway Emergencies: Dial *LSP (*577) on your cell phone or call 800-469-4828
Dial 511 (or 888-ROAD-511) use the “Louisiana 511” app, or visit 511la.org for continual updates about weather-related road conditions, road closures and other travel information.
ALERT NOTIFICATION APPS
Lafayette Consolidated Government’s information and notification system. Sign up at https://lafayettecityparish.bbcportal.com/
NOAA Weather Radar Live: Real-time radar images and severe weather alerts
Way to Geaux App: The app provides drivers with around the clock, real-time traffic notifications and road condition updates. Set your destination and the app will automatically send alerts to your smartphone while traveling on interstates, U.S. and state highways.
Alert FM App: ALERT FM aggregates state and local emergency alerts and messages, including National Weather Service warnings, evacuation information, homeland security notices.
Red Cross Hurricane App: Monitor conditions, find help and let others know you are safe
Dial 211 or visit louisiana211.org
· Call 211 for disaster resources. Specialists are available 24/7 before, during and after the storm. Services are multilingual and are accessible to the hearing impaired.
· Callers can access disaster information about food, clothing shelters, special needs, evacuation routes, transportation assistance, crisis counseling, prescription assistance, missing persons post disaster, rebuilding assistance and more.
American Red Cross, Acadiana Chapter, Lafayette · 337-234-7371, https://www.redcross.org/
· Listing of all shelters currently open and registered through FEMA and NSS. The listing is not limited to Red Cross shelters. The website is updated every four hours. https://www.redcross.org/get-help/disaster-relief-and-recovery-services/find-an-open-shelter.html
United Way of Acadiana, Lafayette
Disaster Relief, 233-8302
Second Harvest Food Bank 337-237-7711, https://no-hunger.org/