Our Lady of Lourdes today announced updates to its visitor guidelines and screening criteria that will go into effect tomorrow, March 16 until further notice.
New criteria include limiting visitation to one adult visitor per patient per day, and no person who has visited Orleans or Jefferson Parish in the last 14 days will be allowed to enter the facility.
1. Patient visitation is limited to one visitor (18 years or older) per patient, per day
2. Visiting hours have been modified to 10am to 7pm.
3. Visitors receive a temperature check and answer questions:
• Do you have any symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
• In the last 14 days, have you had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, someone under investigation for COVID-19 or are ill with a respiratory illness?
• Do you live in a community where there have been multiple confirmed COVID19 cases?
• Have you visited Orleans Parish or Jefferson Parish in the past 14 days?
• Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days to countries with sustained community transmission?
If the visitor answers "yes" to any of these questions, they will not be allowed to enter the facility.
In addition to these precautions, Our Lady of Lourdes will be temporarily discontinuing public attendance of Mass and weekly prayer services at St. Agnes of Assisi Chapel. Daily Mass will be made available for patients via the closed-circuit television system.
All events and support groups on Lourdes campuses are cancelled, including prenatal or parenting classes and obstetrics tours at Lourdes Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
The community should be encouraged to visit www.LourdesRMC.com daily for updates as visitation restrictions are subject to change. For the safety of patients and team members, only essential visitation is strongly requested to limit the persons and activity on the hospital campuses.
For more information and resources on COVID-19 visit Lourdesrmc.com/COVID19 or www.facebook.com/LourdesRMC