NewsLocal NewsIn Your ParishLafayette Parish


Officials: Grease fire to blame for damage to Carencro home

Posted at 3:56 PM, Sep 10, 2019
and last updated 2019-09-10 16:56:54-04

The Carencro Fire Department says a pot of grease left on a stove is to blame for a fire on Tuesday.

Officials say that the fire occurred at 1:30 in the 200 block of Bridgeport Lane. The Carencro Fire Department along with Scott and Lafayette fire Departments extinguished the fire at the home. It was contained to the kitchen area.

The home received moderate smoke damage. The cause of the fire was due to a pot of grease left heating on the stove.

No one was injured in the fire.