NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

No one injured in Ridgeview Drive house fire

Fire caused by unattended pot of grease on stove
Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 1:42 PM, Nov 18, 2019
and last updated 2019-11-18 17:27:23-05

LAFAYETTE, La. - Lafayette firefighters investigated a house fire today in the 200 block of Ridgeview Drive.

The fire was reported at 12:42 pm Monday by an occupant of the dwelling, according to a spokesperson for the Lafayette Fire Department.

Officials say the cause of the fire was an unattended pot of grease on the stovetop. The grease ignited and the flames spread throughout the kitchen.

The home sustained heavy fire damage.

The fire is out, and no injuries were reported.