NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

No injuries in Scott fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:51 PM, Oct 18, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-18 16:51:42-04

No one was injured in a Sunday fire that investigators believe started with a window air conditioning unit.

Scott Fire Fighters were called to the home on Dassas Street and found it engulfed in flames. Firefighters were able to quickly bring the fire under control, containing the fire to the front of the structure.

The homeowner escaped without injury and four other residents weren't home at the time, Scott Fire officials say.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family with their immediate needs as a result of the fire.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an air conditioner window unit. The home sustained major fire and smoke damage.

Firefighters from Lafayette, Judice and Duson responded to assist.