NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Neighbor pulls burning camper away from Scott home

10-31-20.JPG
Posted at 6:01 PM, Oct 31, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-31 21:11:03-04

A quick-thinking neighbor likely saved a home from catching fire in Scott on Saturday.

According to fire chief Chad Sonnier, firefighters were dispatched to a camper on fire in the 100 block of St. Paul Avenue shortly before 1 p.m. Firefighters found a travel trailer camper in an open field engulfed in flames. The fire was quickly brought under control.

Firefighters learned that a neighbor noticed the camper, which was located next to a home, on fire. He hooked the trailer onto his vehicle, a BMW X5, and pulled it away from the home.

An investigation revealed that the fire most likely began as a result of a short in the refrigerator.

No one was injured.

------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Download our free app for Apple, Android, Roku and Amazon devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Alexa's Daily Flash Briefing

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel