NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

McDonald's on Ambassador Caffery remains closed after early morning grease fire

Ambassador Caffery McDonald
Posted at 11:33 AM, Jan 26, 2021
and last updated 2021-01-26 13:02:02-05

LAFAYETTE — The McDonald's on Ambassador Caffery remains closed after an early morning fire.

The fire department says that a grease fire was a cause of the closure. The fire happened at around 5:30 am on Tuesday morning.

Department spokesperson Alton Trahan says that the damage inside the restaurant was minor and no injuries were reported.

The location is shut down for the time being as they clean up and work to repair any damage. The fire suppression system will have to be fixed before operations can continue, Trahan said.

An official with McLaff, the company that owns the restaurant, says they're accessing the damage today.

"We're not sure yet, but we're hopeful we will be back open by the end of the week," said Troy Romero of McLaff.

It was a small fire and it was put out quickly, thanks to the LFD, he said. McLaff should know in a day or two how long the repairs and clean-up will take, he said.

------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel