NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Mechanical failure responsible for fire at Max's Pool Hall

Max's Pool Hall
Posted at 12:01 PM, Feb 18, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-18 19:36:28-05

LAFAYETTE, La.  — The Lafayette Fire Department says that a mechanical failure at Max’s Pool Hall was responsible for the fire.

Fire officials say that mechanical failure was with the HVAC unit on the roof. The fire in the HVAC unit produce a lot of smoke which filled both Max’s Pool Hall and two adjacent business. The fire damage was minimal.

First responders vented the smoke out of Max’s and adjacent businesses.

There were no injuries reported.

The building is located on Kaliste Saloom Road.

------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel