LPSS has provided an update on meals to go services in the parish and released information to seniors to pick up graduation supplies.
With Thursday April 9, being the last day for Meals-to-Go for LPSS, the school system is releasing more information about another program available in the parish and the locations for those grab and go meals.
Meals - Grab & Go
The LPSS Grab & Go meal service has ended as of Thursday, April 9, 2020. Although LPSS Grab & Go service has ended, and the school system is transitioning to Emergency Meals-to-You, students can still receive meals through the Boys & Girls Club.
Please see information below:
Three O'clock Project, in partnership with Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana, will be serving meals to any child 18 and under on Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at the following locations:
● 10:00-11:00 AM: Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana – Jackie Unit (1000 Marie Antionette, Lafayette 70506
● 11:30 AM-12:30 PM: Destiny of Faith Church (409 Patterson Street, Lafayette 70501
● 1:30 PM-2:30 PM: Holy Cross Church (415 Robley Dr., Lafayette 70503
Each location will provide five breakfasts and five lunches worth of frozen meals for up to 1,000 students. Meals will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. A guardian may pick up meals on behalf of a child, a limit of five children per car or walk up will be implemented. Additional pick-up sites will be confirmed over the weekend in order to provide better geographic coverage across the parish.
The goal is to provide food for 5,000 kids (25,000 breakfasts and 25,000 lunches) spread across five sites.
Visit the LPSS Facebook page for additional pick-up locations as they are announced.
Meals - Home Delivery through Meals-To-You Program
LPSS is still in the process of transitioning to the Emergency Meals-to-You Program which will begin delivering meals to the homes of students who applied and qualified for this service. The Emergency Meals-To-You Program has not shared the start date at this time.
LPSS also shared information for seniors who are awaiting graduation supplies. The school system provided dates and locations for when those seniors will be able to pick up graduation supplies. The also provided an update on Junior Ring ceremonies in the parish.
Seniors Graduation Supplies
Below are the dates for seniors to pick up their graduation supplies. Individual schools will be sending a voice message and an email containing the details at each particular site.
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
- David Thibodaux STEM Magnet Academy from 10 a.m. - 12 noon
- Acadiana High School from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
- Early College Academy (ECA) from 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Lafayette High School from 12 noon - 4 p.m.
Thursday, April 16, 2020
- Carencro High School from 10 a.m. - 12 noon
- Southside HighSchool from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday, April 17, 2020
- Ovey Comeaux High School from 10 a.m. - 12 noon
- Northside High School from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Junior Ring Ceremonies
All Junior Ring Ceremonies will be postponed until the beginning of the 20/21 school year.