NewsLocal NewsIn Your ParishLafayette Parish


LFD: Smoke from bee removal starts fire in vacant building

bee removal fire.jpg
Posted at 8:20 PM, Jun 07, 2021

Lafayette firefighters say that smoke being used by crews attempting to remove bees from a structure caused a fire on Monday.

Firefighters say they responded Monday June 7, 2021, to an outside storage building fire.

Lawn maintenance crews were attempting to remove bee hive from the vacant structure using smoke. That smoke caught the building on fire.

LFD was able to put out the fire.

"Please practice fire safety. Fire has the potential to be very dangerous and harmful if used inappropriately," the fire department said in a Facebook post.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel