On Wednesday, July 29, LCG will hold its third Town Hall meeting with Mayor-President Josh Guillory.
As the meeting began, the group who were gathered stood up and began chanting, drowning out Mayor-President josh Guillory.
They chanted "Save Our Rec Centers", "Black Lives Matter" and "No Justice, No Peace." The chanting lasted for 25 minutes before Lafayette Police officers escorted the protesters out of the meeting.
That meeting was scheduled to take place form 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Robicheaux Center located at 1919 Eraste Landry Road in Lafayette. Despite the delay, the meeting will still end at 1:00 pm.
Mayor-President Guillory will host Town Hall Meetings at the end of each month. Future dates and times will be announced when the information becomes available.
On Tuesday, LCG released safety precautions for those wanting to attend
The following safety regulations will be in place for the town hall with the Mayor-President
1. Masks must be worn in the facility unless speaking at the microphone.
2. Capacity will be limited to 50 people including staff. We ask that after citizens ask a question and receive an answer from the Mayor-President, they yield their seat to someone waiting outside and continue viewing online or via AOC. That way everyone has an opportunity to participate.
3. Seating will be arranged to account for social distancing.
4. Temperature checks will take place upon entering the facility.
5. Only clear bags will be allowed, please leave purses, backpacks, briefcases, laptop bags, etc. in your vehicle.
6. All participants will be subject to security screening prior to entry by the Lafayette Police Department.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers