The Lafayette Parish School Board meets in regular session today at 5:30 p.m.
Among the items on the agenda are budget revisions that would transfer funds to pay for repair of damages caused by Hurricanes Laura and Delta.
Staff are asking the board for a $25,000 budget transfer to fund repairs related to Hurricane Laura.
The school system didn't get off quite as easy with Hurricane Delta; the budget revision for those repairs is $590,000. But there is good news: LPSS is working with FEMA for reimbursement for up to 75% of those expenses which qualify under the emergency declarations, staff say.
Also on the agenda are discussions of budgets for the following projects:
- Acadiana High School-New Field House, Classroom Renovations and Related Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment and Facilities and Grounds Needs
- Woodvale Elementary-Cafeteria Expansion
- Carencro High School-Field House/Activity Room Expansion, Related Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment, Updating of Press Box, and Facilities and Grounds Needs
- Southside High School-Softball & Baseball Dugouts; Restrooms/Concessions Building; Related Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment
- Self-Funded Construction Fund for Northside High Replacement
The board also is scheduled to discuss two school replacement estimates: $25 million for Carencro Heights Elementary School and $50 million for Northside High School, assuming the existing athletic facilities are retained.
To view the entire agenda yourself, and to see documents attached to each agenda item, click here, then select the meeting you want to view.