Due to the possibility of heavy rainfall this week, sandbags are available at several locations in Acadiana.
All locations are self-bagging, and residents must bring their own manpower and shovels.
LAFAYETTE CITY AND PARISH SANDBAG LOCATIONS
Residents who need assistance filling and loading sandbags at either of the following two locations should call the Lafayette Consolidated Government Public Works Dispatch line at 337-291-8517.
- North District site at 400 Dugas Road (located off North University Avenue)
- Picard Park, 130 Park Lane
Bags Per Household
- Please limit sandbags to four bags per exterior door
- Maximum of 20 sandbags per household
MUNICIPALITY SANDBAG LOCATIONS
- City Hall, 310 E. Main Street (behind City Hall)
- Deer Meadow Subdivision (corner of Deer Meadow Boulevard and Myette Point Street)
- Broadview Drive (next to Broussard Community Center)
- Community Center, 5115 N. University Avenue (behind the Community Center)
- Duson Park at South A Street - Currently closed but will open when needed
- Public Works Department, 116 Lions Club Road (Scott residents should first call City Hall to find out if the site is open)
- 333 S Larriviere Road - Currently closed but will open when needed
St. Landry Parish
St. Landry Parish government has announced that sandbags are now available for parish residents behind the Yambilee Building (1939 W. Landry (US 190), Opelousas.
Iberia Parish President M. Larry Richard announced that sand and sand bags are available at the following locations:
- B.O.M Fire Station
- Grand Marais Fire Station
- Coteau Fire Station
- Delcambre water tower
- Loreauville City Park
- Lydia Fire Station
- Jeanerette at Fire Department
- Rynella Fire Department
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact the Iberia Parish Public Works Department at (337) 364-8474.