NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

LFD: One with minor smoke inhalation in Dublin Cir.; fire ruled an accident

Fire on Dublic Cir. ruled an accident
Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 6:41 PM, Aug 15, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-16 08:49:31-04

The Lafayette Fire Department responded to a residential fire at 200 Dublin Circle in Lafayette this evening at around 6:20 p.m.

LFD Public Information Officer Alton Trahan said that upon arrival, firefighters found smoke coming from a townhouse and that occupants were inside the home.

The fire was in the kitchen and was extinguished quickly.

One occupant suffered minor smoke inhalation and was evaluated on the scene.

The kitchen of the home suffered moderate damage; other rooms were also damaged.

The fire was ruled an accident.