A group of Lafayette businesses are coming together to provide support for those affected by Hurricane Laura.
A donation drive was launched on Thursday, September 17 to collect essential items for families and businesses that are continuing the long road to recovery.
Avanti Senior Living, Half Shell Oyster House, Lafayette Women’s Chamber of Commerce, Subway Sandwich Shop, and Element Event Rental have set up sites across the city where donations can be dropped off for delivery to those in need.
Items needed include the following:
- Cleaning Supplies
- Hand Sanitizer
- Disposable Gloves
- Disposable Masks
- Garbage Bags
- Toiletries including Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Shampoo, Soap, Towels, Toilet Paper, Paper Towels,
- NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS. – No Clothing or Perishable Food Items Will Be Accepted
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Drop off at the Front Door of Avanti, located a 5522 Ambassador Caffery, Youngsville
- Half Shell Oyster House located at 109 Old Camp Road, Lafayette
- Subway Sandwich Shop located at 1505 Bonin Road, Broussard,
- Subway Sandwich Shop located at located at 3621 Ambassador Caffery, Lafayette
"Two of their water stations were completely wiped out, and people don't realize that that devastation isn't going away with two weeks of donations," said Debbey Ryan with the Lafayette Women's Chamber of Commerce. "It's going to be ongoing that they're going to need help and relief."
Businesses interested in becoming a drop off location for the donation drive can contact the Lafayette Women's Chamber of Commerce Office at 337-366-0826.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers