LAFAYETTE - The Krewe of Bonaparte is holding a Hurricane Laura Relief Drive now until Friday, September 18, 2020.
The Krewe will partner with Catholic Services of Acadiana and Boys and Girls Club of Lake Charles.
The Krewe of Bonaparte is accepting donations of goods at Foster Marketing - 3909 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy, Building F, Lafayette, LA 70503 - on the following days:
Tuesday thru Friday, September 8th - 11th 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 13th 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Monday thru Friday, September 14th - 18th 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A list of most needed items includes:
- Cleaning Supplies (mops, buckets, rags, cleaners, etc.)
- Paper Goods (paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, disposable cutlery, etc.)
- Toiletries (soap, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.)
- Baby Items (diapers, wipes, formula, etc.)
- Children's School Supplies (pencils, notebooks, crayons, etc.)
- Non-perishable Food (canned goods, rice, peanut butter, cereal, powdered milk, etc.)
- Bottled Water
- Soap and Hand Sanitizer
- Tools (tarps, utility knives, trash bags, etc.)
- Gasoline Cans (5 and 10 gallon)
The Krewe is working with Catholic Charities of Acadiana to deliver the goods on Saturday, September 19, as well as setup a cooking crew to prepare and distribute meals.
Mike Becnel, Board President, said, "Our focus as a Krewe is to not only promote the family Mardi Gras spirit, but to promote a spirit of faith and good will by supporting our families, friends and our communities when they need it most."
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers