NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Firefighters respond to washing machine fire in Scott

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 3:23 PM, Mar 30, 2020
and last updated 2020-03-30 16:23:42-04

On Monday, March 30, Scott firefighters responded to a fire alarm at the Acadian Heritage Apartments in Scott.

Firefighters say the motor of a washing machine in a unit had caught fire and was filing the apartment with smoke.

The unit's 76-year-old resident was outside when firefighters arrived and was treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters say they determined, after removing the washer, that the fire did not extend into a nearby wall.

No damage was reported to the structure and no firefighters were injured.