NewsLafayette Parish


Family escapes fire at mobile home in Lafayette

W. Pinhook Road fire 2-14.jpg
Posted at 5:02 PM, Feb 14, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-14 18:09:07-05

A mobile home was damaged Sunday morning following a fire in Lafayette.

The Lafayette Fire Department says they responded to the fire in the 2800 block of W. Pinhook Road at 11:28 am on February 14.

Firefighters say that neighbors alerted the occupants of the home to the fire after seeing smoke coming from the exterior.

The home was occupied by a family of six. The fire department says that a father and his four kids were home when the fire started and were able to escape unharmed.

Firefighters say the fire was discovered in the attic of the home. Officials determined that an electrical malfunction in the attic space was the cause.

The mobile home sustained substantial damage in the attic and a rear bedroom.

Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel