NewsLocal NewsIn Your ParishLafayette Parish

Actions

Electrical failure causes street sweeper to catch fire Wednesday night in Scott

The fire was adjacent to The Fright Trail
street sweeper fire
Posted at 8:00 AM, Oct 24, 2019

An electrical component failure has been ruled as the possible cause of a street sweeper fire Wednesday night.

Scott volunteer firefighters responded to the scene of the vehicle fire around 7:40 pm on Cameron Street.

The fire was first reported to officers working security detail at The Fright Trail. Witnesses told officers that the street sweeper was on fire at a business adjacent to the Fright Trail.

That area, according to firefighters, leads to the Fright Trail parking area.

Officers responding to the scene used a fire extinguisher to knock down the fire.

The Scott Volunteer Fire Department extinguished the rest of the flames before disconnecting the vehicle's battery and controlling a small diesel leak.

No other information about the fire was not available.