Free COVID-19 drive-thru testing will continue Monday, July 13 until Wednesday, July 15 at Cajun Field in Lafayette.
The mobile testing site will be open from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm each day.
The site is a partnership between the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and the Louisiana Department of Health.
- No ID is needed for testing, but registration is required.
- Pre-registration can be completed at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click "Louisiana" then Cajun Field (Mobile #3).
- People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
- Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
- Attendees must provide a phone number and email address.
Those visiting the testing site are encouraged to wear a mask. LDH says that those being tested will perform nasal swab test on themselves while in their vehicles. The process will be observed by a health care professional.
- Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
- It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
- People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number to call for results.
Motorists should enter the Cajun Field parking lot via the West Congress Street entrance at Gate 3. One testing is complete, the will exit on Reinhardt Drive onto Bertrand Street through Gate 1.
For more information, contact the LDH Region 4 Office of Public Health at (337) 262-5311.
To see other LDH testing sites happening this week in Acadiana, click here.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers