LAFAYETTE — Downtown Lafayette says that parking will be getting easier with the addition of credit card payments and rate changes at the Vermilion Street parking garage.
Since the closure of the Buchanan Street parking garage, Downtown Lafayette says that finding parking for visitors has been difficult for many due to Vermilion Street's garage lack of credit card payment acceptance.
To address this, the Downtown Development Authority says they have worked with the Parking Administration of LCG to streamline parking operations at Parc Auto Du Centre-Ville garage on Vermilion Street.
Starting on October 14, parking will become a bit easier with the addition of credit card payments and simplified rates, according to DDA.
Those changes are as follows:
- Payment by credit/debit card will now be accepted in addition to cash.
- Parking rates will be simplified to $1/hour and a maximum charge of $5 for the entire day.
- Pre-payment is required along with a license plate number at the parking kiosk (similar to the payment system at the Rosa Parks Transportation Center).
- Parking without payment will result in a $35 fine (fines will double after 15 days of non-payment).
- There will be no changes to monthly parking rates.