NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Carencro Fire Department reports apartment fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:53 AM, Oct 12, 2020
and last updated 2020-10-12 11:53:49-04

Carencro Firefighters just put out an apartment fire, and they want to remind residents to make sure appliances - especially your stove - are turned off.

The stove was on when the power went out, and when the power was restored that led to a stove fire that spread to the cabinets in the kitchen, Chief David Mouton says.

The Carencro Fire Department arrived quickly to force entry and extinguished the fire before it spread further. Scott and Lafayette fire departments also responded to assist, the chief says.