NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Carencro FD: Unattended pot of grease causes mobile home fire

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 5:54 PM, Oct 13, 2019
and last updated 2019-10-13 18:54:40-04

A grease fire caused significant damage to a home in Carencro over the weekend.

Firefighters say the fire in the 400 block of Louvetreau Road happened on Saturday October 12, at around 2:30 pm. The fire was caused by an unattended pot of grease that was left on the stove top.

Photos of the fire show significant damage to the interior of the mobile home.

No injuries were reported.