NewsLafayette Parish

Actions

Burger King on Ambassador temporarily closed due to fire

Electrical malfunction cause fire in broiler
Lafayette Fire Dept.PNG
Posted at 11:48 AM, May 05, 2020
and last updated 2020-05-05 12:52:18-04

A fire at the Burger King location on Ambassador Caffery Parkway near Kaliste Saloom in Lafayette temporarily closed the building on Tuesday, May 6.

The Lafayette Fire Department says they responded to the restaurant at 10:09 am to a reported kitchen fire. When firefighters arrived, the employees were outside in a safe location.

The workers informed firefighters the broiler was on fire in the kitchen. Emergency crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly preventing any major damages.

The restaurant was temporally closed while cleanup is being performed. No injuries were reported.

Fire officials say that an electrical malfunction with the broiler caused the fire.

------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Download our free app for Apple, Android, Roku and Amazon devices.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Alexa's Daily Flash Briefing

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel