Jennings Fire Chief Navarre has lifted the shelter-in-place previously issued due to a gas leak.
The gas line has since been contained but citizens are urged to avoid the area as crews continue to work.
Monday afternoon a fiber installation crew damaged a gas line in Jennings, according to officials.
A post on the City's Facebook page asked, everyone to avoid the area near the intersection of North Main and Second Street.
Utility crews installing fiber optic cable to Jennings United Methodist Church punctured a gas line in the area, the post stated.
Jennings Police issued the following warning on their Facebook page: "We ask the public to avoid the area of North Main Street and 2nd Street as emergency crews are working on a gas leak. The Jennings Police and Fire Department are on scene making assessments."