NewsIberia Parish

Actions

Jeanerette family of five displaced after fire

jeanerette fire3.jpg
Posted at 3:38 PM, Dec 18, 2020
and last updated 2020-12-18 16:38:11-05

A family of five is without a home following a Tuesday fire in Jeanerette.

On December 15, the Jeanerette Fire Department responded to 422 Joseph St., according to Chief Sherry Landry, Jeanerette Fire Department.

Willa and Edward Beasley, both 67, lived in the home with their disabled son and their two grandchildren.

No injuries were reported, but the home was a total loss.

A Gofundme has been set up to help them. Click here to if you would like to donate.

The cause of the fire was improper heating of a home, stated Chief Landry.

------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel