SCOTT — Fire investigators say a four-year-old playing with a lit candle started a fire that damaged a unit in the Ille des Cannes Apartment Complex.
According to Scott fire Chief Chad Sonnier, the fire department received the call Wednesday night around 10:30 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, the found the fire in a back bedroom and quickly extinguished it. Investigators say the child was in the bedroom before the fire began and ignited the bed while playing with the candle. Four people, including the child, were inside at the time. They all escaped unharmed.
The unit sustained minor fire, smoke, and heat damage.