Eight COVID-19 testing sites will open on Friday, May 22 at CVS Pharmacy locations in Louisiana.
The company says the sites will offer self-swab tests to those who meet the CDC criteria and age guidelines for testing. Patients will be required to register online to schedule an appointment. Registration opens on Friday.
The testing process, according to CVS, will require patients to remain in their cars as they are directed to the pharmacy drive-thru window. There they will be given a test kit and instructions on the self-swab process.
Testing will not take place inside any of the retail locations.
Tests will then be sent to a third-party lab for processing. The company says results will be available in three days.
The 8 Louisiana sites are part of nearly 350 CVS locations across 14 states offering testing. The company says they expect to have 1,000 locations operating as testing sites across the country by the end of May.
"CVS bringing testing to even more people through some of their drive-through lanes will help Louisiana reach its goal of testing 200,000 people or more each month starting in May," said Governor John Bel Edwards. "The more partners we have in this fight to increase testing, the better. I am incredibly appreciative of the support of private partners like CVS as we seek to slow and control the spread of COVID-19 in our state."
Testing sites opening on Friday, May 22:
- CVS Pharmacy, 5360 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- CVS Pharmacy, 7777 Bluebonnet Boulevard, Suite 100, Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- CVS Pharmacy, 705 Bertrand Drive, Lafayette, LA 70506
- CVS Pharmacy, 2105 Cleary Avenue, Metairie, LA 70001
- CVS Pharmacy, 4401 South Claiborne, New Orleans, LA 70125
- CVS Pharmacy, 1600 Elysian Fields Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70117
- CVS Pharmacy, 9194 Mansfield Road, Shreveport, LA 71118
- CVS Pharmacy, 2103 Gause Boulevard East, Slidell, LA 70461
A complete list of CVS Pharmacy Drive-thru test sites can be found here.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers