The Coast Guard says they have ended their search for a person in the water near Lafitte on Monday.
Officials say a boatcrew from Coast Guard Station New Orleans recovered a body matching the description of 55-year-old Kevin Lege, who had been reported overdue early Monday morning.
"We extend our sincere condolences to Mr. Lege's family, friends and loved one during this tragic time" said Jeoffrey Nielsen, from Coast Guard Sector New Orleans Command Center.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector New Orleans received a report at 1:20 a.m. of an overdue vessel with one person aboard who was scheduled to return Sunday evening.
The vessel was located Monday morning on the northwest bank of The Pen with no one aboard.
Involved in the search were:
- Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector New Orleans
- An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station New Orleans
- A 24-foot Special Purpose Craft-Shallow Water boatcrew from Coast Guard Station New Orleans
- St. Jefferson Parish Sheriffs Office
- Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries