On Friday, November 20, Chevron announced a contribution of $75,000 to Catholic Charities of Southwest Louisiana as part of their continuing effort to support those affected by Hurricanes Laura and Delta.
The donation, according to the company, will fund Catholic Charities’ Thanksgiving and Christmas meal programs, as well as extend the organization’s weekly meal initiative through January 2021.
Thousands of families across the community are expected to benefit from the campaigns.
“In the wake of these hurricanes, locals are continuing to rebuild their homes, businesses and lives. With the challenges they’re facing, we wanted to make sure that providing a holiday meal and feeding their families was one less concern,” said Leah Brown, Public Affairs Manager for Chevron’s Gulf of Mexico Business Unit in a press release. “Thank you to Catholic Charities for your efforts to support the community. We’re proud to be a part of these important programs.”
Families will be able to stop by pick-up locations in Lake Charles, Jennings, Ragley and Cameron to receive holiday staples such as turkey, ham, canned goods, produce and more.
The following schedule outlines where and when meal pick-ups will be taking place:
- Thursday, Nov. 19: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., St. Pius X Catholic Church (16816 US-171, Ragley, LA)
- Friday, Nov. 20: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Catholic Charities (1225 2nd St., Lake Charles, LA)
- Monday, Nov. 21: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., St. Philip Neri Church (504 4th Ave., Kinder, LA)
- Tuesday, Nov. 22: 12 – 2 p.m., Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church (710 N. State St., Jennings, LA)
- Wednesday, Dec. 2: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., St. Mary of the Lake Church (11054 LA-384, Lake Charles, LA)
- Wednesday, Dec. 9: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Creole, LA – Location TBA
- Thursday, Dec. 10: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., St. Pius X Catholic Church (US-171, Ragley, LA)
- Friday, Dec. 11: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Catholic Charities (1225 2nd St., Lake Charles, LA)
- Wednesday, Dec. 16: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., St. Mary of the Lake Church (11054 LA-384, Lake Charles, LA)
- Friday, Dec. 18: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., Catholic Charities (1225 2nd St., Lake Charles, LA)
Residents in Southwest Louisiana can text CCSWLA to 84576 for daily updates in December. Visit http://www.catholiccharitiesswla.com for an updated schedule.
“This generous donation from Chevron will allow us to continue our mission of meeting the needs of those in our community,” said Sister Miriam MacLean, Director of Catholic Charities of Southwest Louisiana. “With Chevron’s help, we will provide meals to the thousands of people that are relying on us during this difficult time. In spite of the current challenges, we hope these programs will help bring joy and happiness to families in the area.”
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers