As more parishes are meeting the criteria to reopen bars, the state is reminding permit holders about how businesses should be operating.
On Wednesday September 30, the state updated their OpenSafely guidance documents to provide the most recent rules on operating under Phase 3. Bars and restaurants should follow the following guidance which includes capacity maximums and a prohibition on bar games.
- Customers must be seated for table service and stay seated
- Bar capacities are 25% with a maximum of 50 people inside and a maximum of 50 people outside
- Bars must end alcohol sales and close to customers by 11 p.m.
- Restaurant capacities are 75% with alcohol sales ending at 11 p.m.
- In restaurants, all alcohol sales must be accompanied by food sales
- Masking is required for all when not consuming food or beverage
- Live music is allowed outside only
- Bar games, including but not limited to pool, darts, shuffleboard and cornhole, are prohibited
Under Phase 3, bars located in high incident infection parishes are not allowed to reopen. Parishes that have had five percent (5%) or less positivity rate for COVID-19 infections for at least two (2) consecutive weeks prior to September 11th may opt-in to have bars and other Class AG permit holders in their parishes re-open.
Breweries are permitted to open during Phase 3 but are subject to the same provisions listed above as applied to bars. Daiquiri Shop holding a Class AG permit are subject to the same provision listed above for bars. Daiquiri shops must cease all sale and service of alcoholic beverages, including service of alcohol through drive thru or curbside services at 11 P.M.
In the latest guidance the state say that to ensure best efforts at achieving compliance are being made, permit holders should expect to experience strict enforcement efforts including permit revocation for even one confirmed violation.
More can be found on OpenSafely.la.gov.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers