More than 500,000 applications for direct aid for Ida survivors have been approved by FEMA so far, officials say.
That amounts to more than $750 million paid out to survivors. FEMA is still paying hotel bills for 7,400 survivors. The SBA has approved more than $420 million in loans.
Here are the stats as of today:
FEMA Aid to Louisiana for Hurricane Ida
- FEMA has Approved 519,070 Applications for Assistance providing a total of $750,092,791 direct assistance to LA Survivors of Hurricane Ida
- FEMA continues paying for hotel stays for over 7,400 Louisiana households displaced by Hurricane Ida
- FEMA continues warning people about Fraud & Scams
For more information, click here.
FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Claims filed in Louisiana as of Oct. 12, 2021 Total 13,612
- Total paid in claims to Individuals/Households to date is $171 million
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- SBA has provided $424.7 million in disaster loans for more than 8,721 homeowners, renters, and businesses.
USACE – Blue Roof Program
- USACE Blue roof program installations as of 10/11/2021 total 24,544
- This is over 70% of the valid requests approved by USACE thus far
- The Blue Roof program is cost free to homeowners
- The deadline to sign up for this Program is this week - Thursday, Oct. 15
For info on the Blue Roof Program, click here.