BOSSIER CITY, La. (AP) - Authorities in Louisiana have announced the arrest of six people in a human trafficking investigation.
The Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office said the arrests included two pimps, two prostitutes and two customers. The arrests were made Friday and announced in a Monday news release.
Three of the suspects also faced drug charges: Agents recovered marijuana, methamphetamine and a firearm. One was also charged with resisting arrest.
The arrests were made by agents with a narcotics task force of Bossier Parish and Bossier City, part of the Northwest Louisiana Human Trafficking Task Force.
They were assisted by the FBI, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and Greenwood Police Department.
Those arrested included:
• Shaumichael Carter, 37, of the 3000 block of Dupont St., Shreveport. Charged with Pandering, Promoting Prostitution, and Possession of Marijuana. Bond is $5,001.
• Kelsey Lawson, 23, of the 1800 block of Woodsman St., College Station, Texas. Charged with Prostitution. No bond – released RoR.
• Jacorri Mason, 26, of the 500 block of 74th St. Shreveport. Charged with Resisting Arrest w/Force, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of MDMA (ecstasy); Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, and Prostitution (Solicitation). Bond is $6,003.
• Travis Rain, 23, of the 7700 block of Caddo St., Houston, Texas. Charged with Resisting by Flight, Pandering, Promoting Prostitution, and Possession of Marijuana. Bond is $16,000.
• Juan Swope, 40, or the 3000 block of Desoto St., Shreveport. Charged with Prostitution (Solicitation)
• Stephanie Holder, 37, of the 6000 block of Thistle Lane, Keithville. Charged with Prostitution (citation only, no booking photo)
“Human trafficking is a real issue!” emphasized Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington. “We as members of the Northwest Louisiana Human Trafficking Task Force work tirelessly to combat prostitution, illegal drug activity, and suspects who exploit others to engage in sexual acts for money,” said Sheriff Whittington.
Agents are continuing the investigation into human trafficking of the above arrests; further charges are possible.