Today is the last day to register to vote in person or by mail if you want to cast your ballot in the November election.
If you want to register online, you can do that through October 16.
To register in person, you must go to a DMV or Registrar of Voters Office today.
You can also register at these locations:
- Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services;
- WIC offices;
- food stamp offices;
- Medicaid offices;
- offices serving persons with disabilities such as the Deaf Action Centers and Independent Living Offices
- Armed Forces recruitment offices.
To register to vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be 17 years old (16 years old if registering in person at the Registrar of Voters Office or at the Louisiana Office of Motor Vehicles), but must be 18 years old on election.
- Not be under an order of imprisonment for conviction of a felony.
- Not be under a judgment of full interdiction for mental incompetence or partial interdiction with suspension of voting rights.
- Reside in the state and parish in which you seek to register.
To find the Registrar of Voters office in your parish, click here .
To find Department of Motor Vehicle offices in your parish, click here .
If registering in person at a parish Registrar of Voters Office, you are required to prove age, residency and identity. You must submit your current Louisiana driver’s license, if you have one, or your birth certificate or other documentation which reasonably and sufficiently establishes your identity, age and residency.
If you have no driver’s license, special Louisiana ID, or social security number, you may provide a picture ID, a utility bill, payroll check, or government document that includes your name and address.
If registering at another site, no further proof of identification is required other than whatever proof is required for services received that you have applied for at the public agency.
You can register by mail by downloading the Louisiana Voter Registration Application , completing it and mailing it to your local Registrar of Voters Office.
You may also register by using a National Mail Voter Registration Form .
You can also register online. To get all the details and the link, click here . If you plan to submit electronically you must have your Louisiana driver’s license or Louisiana special ID card in hand when you begin the process. There is an audit code on the card that you must enter. The audit code is a four digit number labeled AUDIT on the front of the license.
To see all the details about registering to vote, or to check out sample ballots for the election, click here .