TESTING SITES AND TIMES LISTED ARE FOR THE WEEK OF AUGUST 8-AUGUST 14
For a full list of COVID-19 testing sites in Acadiana, click here.
In partnership with the Louisiana Department of Health-Office of Public Health, the Louisiana National Guard, and Parish/City Governments, COVID-19 Drive Through testing is available:
Monday 8/10/20 Lafayette Carencro Community Center 5115 N. University Avenue Carencro
Monday 8/10/20 Iberia Lloyd G Porter Stadium 423 E. Pershing Street New Iberia
Tuesday 8/11/20 St Martin Magnolia Park 100 Magnolia Drive St Martinville
Tuesday 8/11/20 Vermilion Erath City Hall 115 W. Edwards Street Erath
Wednesday 8/12/20 St Landry Beau Chene High School 7076 LA Hwy 93 Arnaudville
Wednesday 8/12/20 Acadia South Rayne Community Center 403 4th Street Rayne
Wednesday 8/12/20 Iberia Loreauville Park 601 Ed Broussard Road Loreauville
Thursday 8/13/20 Evangeline Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church 6559 Pine Point Road Ville Platte
Thursday 8/13/20 Vermilion Old Abbeville Health Unit 401 South St Charles Street Abbeville
Friday 8/14/20 St Landry North Central High School 6579 LA HWY 10 Washington
Friday 8/14/20 St Landry Greater Shiloh Baptist Church 217 LA HWY 10 Opelousas
Friday 8/14/20 Iberia Ward 8 Rec Center 803 Hubertville Road Jeanerette
Testing is from 8:00am to 1:00pm
· Bring ID and wear a Mask
· Anyone 5 years of age and older can be tested
· It is a self-administered nasal swab test
· Results will be available online. Currently results are available within 7-8 days
· Testing may be cancelled due to weather conditions
Federal COVID-19 drive-through LANG testing will be held from Saturday, August 8, through Tuesday, August 11, from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Cajun Field in Lafayette. Enter from Gate 3 on Congress St.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and should be completed at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then choose site, date, and time that you plan to attend.
· People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
· Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
· Testing is open to everyone.
· People must provide a phone number and email address.
· The testing site will be conducted as a drive-thru test site. Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars. There will be separate lines for those who have pre-registered and for those who must register on-site.
· The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose on site while in their vehicles. This will be observed by trained personnel to ensure the sample is taken correctly.
· This mobile testing site is a being stood up with the Federal Government in coordination with LDH and local partners. This is part of the federal government’s effort to support communities that have been identified as COVID-19 hotspots, or communities where there has been a recent and intense level of new cases and hospitalizations related to the ongoing outbreak.
How will results be obtained? · Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
· It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
· People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number for people to call to get their results.
For more information, contact the LDH Region 4 Office of Public Health at (337) 262-5311.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers