The CDC now recommends everyone to wear a face mask in public, to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
You can make your own using a T-shirt or handkerchief.
Here are the materials you'll need
- Bandana, T-shirt or square cotton cloth, about 20" x 20"
- Coffee filter
- Rubber bands or hair ties
Make your mask
1. Cut the bottom off a folded coffee filter. Keep the top part -- you'll need it for the filter in your mask.
2. Lay a bandana or 20" x 20" T-shirt flat in a rectangle. Fold the bandana or shirt in half lengthwise.
3. Fold the cut filter in the center of the folded bandana or shirt. Then, fold the top of the bandana or shirt down over the filter. Fold the bottom up.
4. Place rubber bands or hair ties around the folded bandana or shirt, about 6 inches apart.
5. Fold the side of the bandana or shirt in toward the middle and tuck.
Your mask should look like this:
6. Place the rubber bands or hair ties around your ears, and voila -- you've made a face mask, no sewing required.
For more scenarios on how to make a home-made mask click here.