There are multiple COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites set up through the Louisiana Department of Health and the Louisiana Army National Guard. Below is a list of sites, dates, and times for the week of August 1-7.
LDH and LANG has partnered with parish governments in Region 4 to offer COVID-19 drive through testing.
Monday August 3rd and Wednesday August 5th – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Acadia Rice Arena. 159 Cherokee Drive. Crowley. 70526
Tuesday August 4th – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
St Anne Blvd behind the Church Point City Hall. St Anne Blvd, Church Point 70525.
Wednesday August 5th 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
King Joseph Recreation Center. 701 Hebert Street, Jeanerette 70544
Monday August 3rd through Wednesday August 5th 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
ULL Cajun Field. 2351 W Congress Street, Lafayette LA 70506 (enter from Gate 3 on Congress Street)
St Martin Parish
Monday August 3nd and Tuesday August 4th 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Parc Hardy. 1290 Rees Street, Breaux Bridge LA 70517.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged and should be completed at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com. Under test locations, click “Louisiana” then choose site, date, and time that you plan to attend.
· People will be allowed to register at the site, but can expect longer waits.
· Testing will be available for any Louisiana resident at least 5 years old. Guardians must accompany anyone under 16.
· Testing is open to everyone. No ID is needed for testing.
· People must provide a phone number and email address.
· The testing site will be conducted as a drive-thru test site. Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars. There will be separate lines for those who have pre-registered and for those who must register on-site.
· The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose on site while in their vehicles. This will be observed by trained personnel to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
· This mobile testing site is a being stood up with the Federal Government in coordination with LDH and local partners.
· This mobile tests site is part of the federal government’s effort to support communities that have been identified as COVID-19 hotspots, or communities where there has been a recent and intense level of new cases and hospitalizations related to the ongoing outbreak.
How will results be obtained? · Results will be emailed, and posted online at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com.
· It is expected to take three to five days to get test results.
· People who test positive will also be contacted by phone. There is no phone number for people to call to get their results.
For more information, contact the LDH Region 4 Office of Public Health at (337) 262-5311.
- Lafayette General Health is conducting drive-thru COVID-19 testing on August 5 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Northgate Mall in Lafayette. A valid ID is required, along with proof of insurance. Results will be delivered in 3-5 days. More info here.
- Total Wellness Group, located at 3414 Moss St in Lafayette) is conducting drive-thru COVID-19 testing on Tuesday and Thursday from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Please call 337-534-0911 to schedule an appointment.
- Southwest Louisiana Primary Healthcare Center, Inc. is conducting drive-thru COVID-19 testing on the following dates:
Monday, August 3, 2020 - Ville Platte Civic Center
704 N Soileau St, Ville Platte, LA 70586
10:00am - 12:00pm
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - Martin Luther King Center
309 Cora St, Lafayette, LA 70501
12:30pm - 2:30pm
Friday, August 7, 2020 - SWLPHC's Main Campus
8762 Hwy 182 Opelousas, LA 70570
10:00am - 1:00pm
- Drive-thru COVID-19 testing will be available at Allie and Patlola Medical Center in Lafayette (901 Wilson St) every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 9 a.m. - 12. Bring a valid ID and proof of insurance (uninsured is no cost). No symptoms required. COVID info line: 337-254-8152.
For a full list of COVID-19 testing sites in Acadiana and across the state from LDH, click HERE.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers