Neighborhood-based COVID-19 testing is coming to Acadia Parish
Beginning on Tuesday May 26, residents of Acadia parish will have more local options for COVID-19 testing.
The Louisiana Department of Health/Office of Public Health has partnered with the Acadia Parish Police Jury and the Louisiana National Guard to operate mobile COVID-19 testing sites in the parish.
According to officials, the mobile testing will allow the Louisiana National Guard to bring testing kits to neighborhood locations in Acadia parish such as churches, local businesses and other neighborhood locations.
The sites will be staffed by members of the Louisiana National Guard and are open for a period of five days per week. Because of the Memorial Day holiday, the first week will start Tuesday, May 26 and then the schedule starting June 1 will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 11:00 am.
"I am encouraged by this wonderful partnership which will greatly increase testing opportunities for resident throughout Acadia parish," Dr. Tina Stefanski with the Louisiana OPH said
"The Louisiana National Guard proudly partners with the Louisiana Department of Health, Office of Public Health and local parish leaders to help support the expansion of COVID-19 testing in Louisiana to better serve the community and Protect What Matters," said Brigadier General Cindy H. Haygood, Assistant Adjutant General. "With our public health partners and support of local parish leadership, we have the equipment and the medical personnel to bring testing to the communities where people live.
Testing Site Details:
- Testing is for open for any Louisiana Resident sixteen (16) years of age and older with valid Louisiana identification.
- There is no cost for the testing. And, no symptom screening required.
- The testing site will be conducted as a drive-thru test site. Walk-up testing is not preferred due to safety concerns, but they will not be turned away.
- Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask and stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and self-administered testing.
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly.
- Once results are received, the local Office of Public will contact those who were tested to communicate their results and share any necessary information.
Week 1 testing Dates and Locations:
Tuesday 5/26/2020 8:00-11:00 Rice Festival Building 717 W Mill St, Crowley, LA 70526
Wednesday 5/27/2020 8:00-11:00 Church of the Nazarene 1020 Ebenezer Rd, Crowley, LA 70526
Thursday 5/28/2020 8:00-11:00 Rice Festival Building 717 W Mill St, Crowley, LA 70526
Friday 5/29/2020 8:00-11:00 Mire VFD 5248 Mire Hwy, Duson, LA 70529
Schedule to begin June 1st:
Mondays 6/1/2020 8:00-11:00 D.I.'s Restaurant 6561 Evangeline Hwy, Basile, LA 70515
Tuesdays 6/2/2020 8:00-11:00 Rice Festival Building 717 W Mill St, Crowley, LA 70526
Wednesdays 6/3/2020 8:00-11:00 Church of the Nazarene 1020 Ebenezer Rd, Crowley, LA 70526
Thursdays 6/4/2020 8:00-11:00 Rice Festival Building 717 W Mill St, Crowley, LA 70526
Fridays 6/5/2020 8:00-11:00 Mire VFD 5248 Mire Hwy, Duson, LA 70529
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Download our free app for Apple, Android, Roku and Amazon devices.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers