News

Actions

Church Point family loses everything in house fire last week

IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0470.JPG
Posted at 2:57 PM, Feb 28, 2021
and last updated 2021-02-28 17:16:04-05

CHURCH POINT  — On Wednesday afternoon, February 24th, the Deshotel family lost everything, including four of their family pets in a house fire.

Bailey Deshotel, the youngest daughter of the family, saved her little brother Blaize Deshotel from burning alive after his shirt had caught fire.

Today, Blaize is in the hospital where he is receiving treatment for second and third degree burns.

A Go-Fund-Me account has been made to help the family get back on their feet.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/bless-the-deshotel-family

Tune in tonight at 10pm to hear from the family about their experience.
------------------------------------------------------------
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.

To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.

Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers

Follow us on Twitter

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Instagram

Subscribe to our Youtube channel