Due to the impacts of hurricanes Laura and Delta, the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) will be in Lake Charles on Nov. 14 to provide in-person CARES Act application assistance at the Southwest Louisiana Entrepreneurial and Economic Development (SEED) Center, 4310 Ryan St.
The event, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., will only provide application assistance for LDWF’s Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Attendees will not receive funds at this meeting. The application assistance is open to residents of Calcasieu, Cameron, Iberia, Jefferson Davis, St. Mary, and Vermillion Parish, only.
Appointments are highly recommended but a limited number of walk-in applicants will be accepted as time allows. To schedule an appointment contact South Central Planning and Development Commission (SCPDC) at 800-630-3791.
Applicants are still required to meet all of the program eligibility criteria, including the 35% loss requirement. The tax return requirement has been deferred for applicants from the above listed parishes, but may be requested later.
Those attending will need to bring the following documents:
- Current driver’s license/photo ID.
- If the applicant is a business and the individual completing the application is not the registered agent according to the Secretary of State, a Board Resolution form is required.
- Signed and completed W-9 form. Hard copies will be available for applicants to complete on site if needed.
In addition to the above documentation, applicants must provide the following information.
- LDWF commercial or charter license numbers.
- Department of Health permit number, if applying as a processor.
- The selected timeframe to show the required 35% loss, either March – June or April – June 2020.
- Total revenue generated from commercial fishing activities (marine species only) for the selected timeframe for the last five years of 2015-2019.
- Total revenue generated from commercial fishing activities (marine species only) for the selected timeframe in 2020.
To access the application online, required documents, and to find the complete list of program eligibility requirements, please visit www.wlf.louisiana.gov/page/cares-act-assistance.
If you need language assistance or assistance submitting an application, contact the South Central Planning and Development Commission (SCPDC) at 800-630-3791.
For more information on the LDWF CARES Act relief program, contact LDWF Program Development at 225-765-3980 or 855-262-1764.
Stay in touch with us anytime, anywhere.
To reach the newsroom or report a typo/correction, click HERE.
Sign up for newsletters emailed to your inbox. Select from these options: Breaking News, Evening News Headlines, Latest COVID-19 Headlines, Morning News Headlines, Special Offers