Drive-thru screenings for COVID-19 will resume Tuesday, April 7 until Thursday, April 9 at the Burton Complex in Calcasieu Parish.
Screening begins at 9:00 am until 3:30 pm for all three days at the complex located on Gulf Highway in Lake Charles. Line up begins at 8:30 am.
For individuals to be screened for COVID-19, local health and government officials say they must have a fever and at least one of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
Other general information for the screening site includes the following:
- Residents of Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron and Jeff Davis parishes are eligible.
- Those seeking testing should bring a driver’s license or state-issued identification and any insurance information they may have. A doctor’s referral is not needed.
- Residents under the age of 16 will not be tested. The 60 or over age requirement has been lifted.
- Residents who do not meet these eligibility requirements will not be tested.
- The site is intended for people who need testing and have mild or moderate symptoms. Residents who are ill enough to require emergency care, should call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Testing is performed by a National Reference Laboratory and the result may take up to 10 days to obtain.
- A maximum of two people per vehicle may be tested and all must sit in the front seat of the vehicle.
- A total of 130 tests per day can be performed.
- No restrooms will be available.
- No pets are allowed.
Residents with questions about the service should call 211.