Renters and homeowners in parishes designated for FEMA assistance after Hurricane Laura have until OCTOBER 27 to register for help.
Federal assistance includes help for temporary housing, rental assistance and repair or replacement of damaged property. Additionally, grants may be available to help with other expenses such as medical and dental care, childcare, funeral and burial costs, replacing essential household items, moving and storage, vehicle repairs and cleanup.
To see if you lived in a designated parish, visit: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4559/designated-areas.
For more information or to register for assistance:
• Call the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY at 800-877-8339).
• Visit disasterassistance.gov/.
• Download the FEMA Mobile App at fema.gov/about/news-multimedia/app.
• To find a drive-thru DRC you can text 43362 and type DRC (Your Zip Code) for example DRC 12345.
• On an Android device, text 2637643 (ANDROID) to 43362; on an Apple device, text 27753 (APPLE) to 43362 or call 211 or text 527435837 (LASHELTER) to 898-211
• Call 211 or text 527435837 to 898-211.
• Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel should update FEMA with their specific number assigned to that service.